Whether you’re a teen, senior citizen or somewhere in between, we can’t guarantee that volunteering at Coburn Place will make you thinner, wealthier or more successful but it definitely could!
Here are the top 10 reasons why you should get involved today.
10. Reduce stress by turning your focus outward instead of on yourself.
9. Save crucial resources. Your time is valuable and saves us money, so that more funds can go toward housing and services to help our families heal.
8. Strengthen your community by helping others succeed.
7. Gain valuable experience to make your resumes and/or college applications shine.
6. Become more intriguing to others because you’ll have interesting stories to share at all kinds of social gatherings.
5. Learn new things about domestic violence, our mission and even yourself.
4. Meet new people, make professional contacts and find friends.
3. Increase your social skills. You’ll be meeting all kinds of people from many different backgrounds.
2. Keep active by getting off the couch and out of the house.
1. Have fun and make a difference at the same time!
Volunteering at Coburn Place is good for you and it’s good for us. We love our volunteers! Share your story with us and inspire others to get involved today.