Indigo is a volunteer group of young professionals who serve as a support network for Coburn Place, Indiana’s largest and most comprehensive provider of transitional housing and supportive services for survivors of domestic violence. Indigo members are fun 20- and 30-somethings who share in the mission and vision, organize and host fundraising events, and volunteer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you want to know about Indigo.
What does it take to become a member of Indigo?
To become a member, we want you to:
- Attend volunteer orientation.
- Attend the majority of scheduled volunteer dates – five per year.
- Attend Indigo social events
- Make a personal contribution to Coburn Place. We suggest a monthly donation. This can be just $5 a month – any amount adds to the whole!
When does Indigo meet?
We’ll get together to volunteer in 2023 at these times:
- Feb. 4, 1 to 4 p.m.
- April 1, 9 a.m. to noon
- June 3, 9 a.m. to noon
- July 13 and 14, various times for Lemonade Stand and Spiked Lemonade Stand
- Aug. 5, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Oct. 7, 9 a.m. to noon
- December holiday events
What kind of events does Indigo host throughout the year?
Indigo hosts several events including:
- Spiked Lemonade Stand – A fun happy hour event held at Hotel Tango to raise funds for Coburn Place. This is in connection with the Lemonade Stand fundraiser.
- Give-Back Nights – A partnership with local restaurants and organizations to have a percentage of their sales come back to Coburn Place.
What are the volunteer opportunities like?
Volunteer opportunities can include setting up an apartment for a new resident, sorting donations, assisting with events and more! Other opportunities include:
- Work at the Lemonade Stand on the Circle – Each year in the summer, Coburn Place kids host a Lemonade Stand to raise funds for back-to-school shoes and more.
- Participate in the Race Away from Domestic Violence.
Registered 501(c)(3). EIN 37-1421922